Monday, October 11, 2010

This is Kitty Katté- a character that I've


came up from my head.
Well, probably a combination of what I've seen out there today...and therefore, not really unique or original. (You know, small dots that are eyes and far apart on the face=Japanese characters.)
I have several copies of Stuffed magazine. A magazine about hand-made softies...which has really cool softies in there and so inspirational.
http://stuffed-magazine.com/
Anyways, this is my blog, so let me ramble on...
My husband bought tons (literally tons) of new t-shirts. Most of them are large to XL...so I take some scissors to them and cut them up and shape them to whatever I am in the mood for. Also, I take stupid work corporate shirt and cut them up as well.
They range from bags, my son's shorts to stuffed dolls.
I came up with Kitty Katté from a conversation with my son. And thus the character is born. I am also putting together a story line for this little character in the Moleskin Notebook, http://www.arthousecoop.com/projects/sketchbookproject.
Hope I can finish it.
And I'm going to see if I can merge this story line and character with the Bleach manga that I am obsessed with. There's videos of it in English, but that translation is a bit off...at least to my recollection of the Japanese language. So I watch the original version as played in Japan.
So you'll be seeing Kitty Katté merged in a "Shinigami" (Japanese soul reaper) costume. Or as a "Arrancar"...

No comments: